December 21, 2016 • Contributor: Lindi Haws with Love the Day
Hi there! My name is Lindi Haws from Love the Day and I’m thrilled to be contributing to the Cricut blog today. I’m obsessed with my new Cricut Explore Air™ 2 and am excited to show you what wonderful things you can make with it. My husband and I are celebrating our 12th anniversary this year and I decided to get cheesy and make us coordinating Holiday Mugs quoting our favorite Christmas love song, ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside.’ My hope is that we’ll get a chance to sit by the fire, drink hot chocolate from our adorable mugs and reminisce about our last twelve years together. The mugs were actually super easy to make and the white vinyl ended up looking amazing on the gold mugs! Here’s how I did it:
- Download the Baby It's Gold Outside & I Really Can't Stay SVG Files.
- Upload to Cricut Design Space.
- Size and send to Cricut Explore Air 2 to cut the White Vinyl.
- Remove the excess white vinyl around the lettering.
- Place a piece of Transfer Paper on the lettering and ensure it picks up the vinyl letters.
- Remove Transfer Paper (with the white vinyl letter) stuck to it. Stick that transfer tape and letters to the mug.
- Ensure the letters are secure on the mug and remove the Transfer Paper.