Updated May 3rd, 2018 • Cricut Events
Update 6/22: This video will give you everything you’d ever want to know about Cricut’s Mountain Make-A-Thon!
Update (June 7, 2018): Classes now open! Click here to sign-up for your classes (class sizes are limited!). More class information is below. If you have any issues with the scheduling tool, here is a link for technical support.
Update (May 3, 2018): Registration is now open! Come join us by visiting the event page to purchase your ticket and read more about the event!
Cricut is excited to announce its 2018 Cricut® Mountain Make-A-Thon. Join us for 2½ days of fun, education, hands-on projects, and Experiential Zones. We’ll have keynote speakers and panelists from the DIY industry all while offering five educational tracks: Maker (focusing on paper), Iron-On, Sewing, Design Space from newbies to advanced, and tips for project sharing, entrepreneurs, and small-biz wannabees! Please plan to join us:
Cricut® Mountain Make-A-Thon 2018
This year’s theme … “Be Amazing!” to celebrate all of our amazing makers.
Monday, July 30th (8 AM) to Wednesday, August 1st (noon) Salt Lake City, Utah at the Little America hotel
What’s new and fun for this year?
* Inspiration from a celebrity DIY Keynote speaker & panelists with tips you can use!
* The Experiential Zone – Professional tips and tricks for decorating and “setting the scene” in your own home. View the scenes on Monday and Tuesday, and on Wednesday, you’ll meet the designers where you can ask your “how to” questions
* Join some fun optional evening events
* Full class “tracks” with hands-on learning
* Cricut’s first pop-up store
Classes range from Card Making, Mats and Blades, and Design Space 101 (to 401!) to … “So you want to start an Etsy business?” … You name it, we’ve got it! Come and meet your favorite Cricut ambassadors who will be teaching and helping lead sessions. Classes will range in format from make-it to lectures to “tips ‘n tricks (hacks!),” and from beginner to advanced.
This will be a jam-packed 2½ days of making, learning and having fun! Tickets are now on sale and are $499* per person. Check back on the blog or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest and we'll let you know where you’ll find the location, a preliminary agenda, and more details. For any questions in the meantime, email our Events Team at email@example.com. We will do our best to get back to you as quickly as possible.
What do you get for the event cost?
* Learning new skills from DIY experts and educators. We have over 35 classes on the schedule with over 100 sessions! Feel free to schedule up to 12 classes. See the full list of teachers here!
* Keynotes and classes from industry leaders
* 3 days of hands-on making classes with all of your project materials supplied (value up to $200)
* Fun swag bags (value up to $200)
* Spending time with your favorite Cricut teammates
* Meeting all new faces from the Cricut community
See you in July!
*Ticket price covers event attendance and meals offered during the day at the conference.
What information do I need for staying in Salt Lake City?
- The hotel where Mountain Make-A-Thon will take place is called The Little America (Salt Lake City). The address is 500 Main Street, Salt Lake City, UT 84101.
- To book a reservation at The Little America for a discounted rate, please call (801) 596-5700 for reservations. Reference "Cricut Mountain Make-A-Thon" for a discounted hotel rate.
What if I want to stay at another hotel?
- The Little America is located in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City, and we highly recommend booking a room here to make it easier for quick access to our event. We have a large room block at the hotel and have negotiated discounted rates.
- If you choose another hotel/venue, it is your responsibility to travel to The Little America. There is parking at the hotel. Other options are Uber, Lyft, and Taxi. The Tram also runs in front of the hotel.
General Event Information
Where can I register for Cricut Mountain Make-A-Thon?
- To register for the event, please visit our EventBrite page.
What should I pack for the event?
- Cricut machines and craft supplies for all classes will be provided on site so no need to bring your own. You will, however, need to bring your preferred device for operating Design Space (laptop, tablet, or smartphone).
- Pack comfortable shoes! You’ll be walking from class to class, so we want you to be comfortable, but it is a consolidated event.
- The temperature in Salt Lake City is going to be very hot and dry so bring summer clothes for when you’re outside. It does get cool with air conditioning in the hotel so you’ll also want to bring a light sweater as you go from class to class.
How many classes can I take?
- General sessions are open to all attendees where you’ll be able to here all of our speakers including Anna Griffin, Lia Griffith and Erica Domesek from P.S.- I Made This. As it relates to individual classes, you can sign up for 12 classes across paper, iron on, fabric arts and business tracks. General sessions, meals, and select other activities will not apply towards your class count.
Is there any way to see what classes are still open?
- Sign-up for classes is currently available for registered event attendees. There are still plenty of spaces available in almost every single class. They are first come, first serve, however, so we recommend purchasing a ticket soon! There is a wait list on SCHED that you can sign-up for in case a class you want is full.
I can’t make this event. Is it happening again?
- There are no other events currently on the calendar at this time, but stay tuned on our Facebook and Instagram pages for updates!
Other Things To Do in Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City is nestled in a canyon between the Wasatch and the Oquirrh mountain ranges. There are a number of great restaurants and historical sites to see in downtown. For more information on Salt Lake City go to visitsaltlake.com.