February 12th, 2020 | Contributor: Cricut Blog Team
Meet your new DIY best friend
We’re proud to announce the launch of Cricut Joy™, our newest, compact smart cutting machine available starting March 1st, 2020! While it’s been years in the making, it’s 100% worth the wait. It’s the perfect companion to any full-size cutting machine and a great way to dip your toe into DIY.
Once you get your hands on this sleek machine, you’ll no doubt be surprised that you can hold it in the palm of one hand! Its compact design might make you want to keep it displayed on your counter, but it packs away easily and sets up instantly so you can use it on command.
Cut popular materials perfectly
Drum roll, please! Unlike other materials, Smart Materials don’t need a cutting mat, so you can just load and go. Sensors measure your material to ensure it’s large enough for your project, then your machine starts cutting. No cutting mats needed!
Cricut Joy tools and accessories
Here’s everything you need to know about the tools and accessories made to fit this pint-size powerhouse:
- Breeze through DIY projects with this all-purpose blade + housing. This duo comes with the machine, but it’s always nice to have a Replacement Blade on hand, just in case.
- This newly designed mat makes it fast and easy to create custom cards in minutes using pre-scored Cricut Joy Insert Cards .
- Available in 8.5” and 12” lengths, use this reusable mat to secure new Adhesive-Backed Deluxe Paper, Infusible Ink Transfer Sheets, and heavy cardstock.
- With its softer release adhesive, this reusable mat is your go-to for everyday paper items you may already have at home like copy paper and light cardstock.
- Available in a variety of line weights and styles, use these tools in your Cricut Joy machine to write on cards, new Smart Label Vinyl & Paper, Adhesive-Backed Deluxe Paper, and more.
- With a padded interior for protection and custom pockets to keep you organized, use this beautiful bag to transport your Cricut Joy machine with you so you’re always ready when creativity hits.
- Make Cricut Joy projects even easier with these 3 must-have tools: Spatula, Weeder, and Scraper.
Cricut Joy is now available in stores and online. Share what you will create with your new Cricut Joy by commenting below! We can’t wait to see what you make. #cricutjoy