September 25, 2020 • Contributor: Cricut Team
On Tuesday, September 29, Design Space for Web will no longer be available. Download the all-new Design Space for Desktop app for your Mac or Windows computer right now.
We highly recommend you download Design Space for Desktop as the old web version will soon be obsolete. Plus, you’ll love the ability to design and cut offline, and more features coming this year.
We’ve included answers to some of your top questions in this post, but everything you need to know is also included on help.cricut.com. For more support, Member Care has your back. In fact, we’ve extended Member Care phone and chat support to include:
- Saturday, February 1: 8 am – 4:30 pm MST (10 am - 6:30 pm ET)
- Saturday, February 8: 8 am – 4:30 pm MST (10 am - 6:30 pm ET)
Design Space for Desktop Top FAQs
Why is Cricut moving to a desktop version of Design Space?
- For many years, the old Design Space for Web at design.cricut.com has been a great companion design application for Cricut smart cutting machines. Unfortunately, browsers no longer support the new features and experiences that you demand and deserve. With the new Design Space for Desktop, we are updating our software platform to use the latest technologies available.
Where do I download Design Space for Desktop?
I have an older computer. Can I still download Design Space for Desktop?
- To verify your operating system is compatible, see this article.
- IMPORTANT: The new Design Space for Desktop does not support Windows 7. That means that you may experience sluggish performance or other problems, and you will not receive bug fixes or updates. For the best experience, you should upgrade to a modern, fully supported operating system.
I’m having an issue with the desktop app. What should I do?
- For resolutions to the most common problems, see this article, or contact Member Care.
Will my projects transfer to the desktop app?
- All your projects, images, and fonts will appear in the desktop app. After you download the desktop app, just sign in with the same Cricut ID you always use (email and password).
Is the Design Space app for iOS or Android changing?
- Nope. Design Space for iOS and Android will work just as they always have.
Does Design Space for Desktop connect to the internet?
- Yes. When you are connected to the internet, Design Space for Desktop is online. But it also lets you design and cut offline. (Turn off your Wi-Fi, and try it!) Learn more.
Can I open multiple project windows in the desktop app like I can on the browser?
Will the desktop app work with my Cricut Explore and Cricut Maker machines?
What happens to the project and canvas links that I've shared on the web?
- All pre-existing project and canvas links will now open in Design Space for Desktop when clicked. If the person visiting the link doesn’t have Design Space for Desktop, they will be prompted to download the app.
How will I share my project if there’s no web browser to pull a link from?
- You’ll be able to share your projects using the new Copy Link feature in the desktop app. To learn how to share projects, see this help article.