May 24, 2020 | Contributor: Cricut Blog Team
Dear Cricut members,
I realize that many of you are waiting for your orders. First of all, my deepest apologies for your experience. For the past eight years, we have always held ourselves to the highest standards and these past few weeks, we feel we have let you down. I am deeply apologetic for your experience and we take full accountability. Let me give you more visibility on what is going on.
This has been the perfect storm, from the significant direct effects of the pandemic, surge in demand, a major power outage, some systems synchronization issues, shipping partner’s backlogs, and the transition of our Member Care team from office to home. We underestimated the impact when we initially communicated a two-week delay in shipment times, and the member care support issues this would create.
Let me share the steps we have taken in the past few weeks.
- We have increased our Member Care teams by 40 people, which is a 25-30% increase. We are still in the middle of on-boarding new Member Care agents. And we are doing this as fast as possible.
- We have been working day and night to resolve the systems synchronization issues and ensure that the various systems are scaling appropriately.
- We have two warehouses and distribution centers in the country. First of all, we are ensuring that the logistics teams stay safe. Our distribution partners have added labor, more shifts, more management and more robots to ensure that we can go faster. These teams are working like crazy to catch up.
- Sometimes people get multiple shipments on a single order from us. This is because our systems look at inventory, shipping proximity and other criteria so we can ship you the items you ordered as fast as possible.
- By the end of this week, we’ll be caught up on packing and processing all of the orders. Once that is done, we are working aggressively with shipping partners so they can pick the orders up and have it shipped to your homes. As you can imagine, these shipping partners are also heavily backlogged. We are working hard to get as much shipping allocation as fast as possible and still have to get through that in the next several days. This is the highest priority for my teams and me, to work with our shipping company and get these out to you as soon as possible. Rest assured that every piece of your order will arrive.
I realize that none of the above helps you directly and does not get your orders to you any faster. I want to make sure that you all have visibility on the progress we have made. We plan to put this behind us soon and get on with crafting. Thank you for your understanding.
ashish arora (Cricut ceo)