September 20th, 2018 • Contributor: Cricut Blog Team
One size does not fit all! That is why we have 3 new EasyPress 2 sizes. And, we love every one of them for different reasons. This blog explains why size is important and the benefits of each EasyPress 2. We also take a look at different types of projects that will help you determine which EasyPress 2s will be right for you.
A few things to consider before reviewing each EasyPress 2 size:
- When working with heat, size matters. Make sure to choose the EasyPress 2 size that is just right for your project(s)
- A heat plate that is too big is awkward on small projects and risks uneven pressing over seams (learn more about iron-on and seams).
- A heat plate that is too small may need multiple presses over the same spot and risks over-processing iron-on material
- What are the dimensions of the projects you make most often?
- Determine what are typical dimensions of your iron-on projects. Then, consider the dimensions of each EasyPress 2. Knowing this information is key to making the right decision for your needs.
- Will you travel with your EasyPress 2?
- If yes, the petite 6” might be perfect. Not only does it slide into many backpacks and other day-travel bags, but it is also lightweight at just 3.3 lbs (1.5 kg). You can certainly travel with the two larger EasyPress 2s, they will just take up more space and weigh your pack down a bit more.
Ok, let’s take a look at the different EasyPress 2 sizes.
EasyPress 2 6"x7": (15 cm x 17.5 cm), 3.3 lbs (1.5 kg)
Beyond being just adorable, this small guy is perfect for those wanting a lightweight, portable press that is easy to maneuver around smaller projects and apparel with cumbersome seams.
If you find yourself applying iron-on smaller than 6” wide or 7” tall, this could be ideal for you! Take into account some of these popular smaller projects:
Small make-up accessories
Small sewing projects
EasyPress 2 9"x9": (22.5 cm x 22.5 cm), 5.73 lbs (2.6 kg)
If you find yourself making a variety of projects that are larger than 6” x 7” area and smaller than 9” x 9” space, then this could be your everyday workhorse! Consider some of these projects that are a good fit for this mid-size unit:
EasyPress 2 12"x10": (30 cm x 25 cm), 8.6 lbs. (3.9 kg)
Large, in charge, and ideal for jumbo-sized projects. For those of you who are consistently pressing iron-on projects larger than 9” x 9”, this is the one for you. This size reduces the chance of having to press multiple times across projects. For this reason alone, you may want to consider this machine. Consider these iron-on projects that are popular and often on the larger side:
Lastly, be sure to consider your surface area after selecting your EasyPress 2 size
- Use a firm, flat and solid surface that is heat resistant (like a marble-top kitchen island or wooden craft table)
- Avoid flimsy tables or unsteady ironing boards
- Protect your surface using a pressing mat (Cricut has created three mats that pair perfectly with each Cricut EasyPress. Always use one that is equal or larger in size than the machine you are using).
Cricut EasyPress temperature settings for use with the Cricut EasyPress Mat are different than settings for use with other pressing surfaces. Use our convenient Interactive Quick Reference Guide for more information.
To sum up, from petite to XL, the Cricut EasyPress 2 family has every project covered just right, from pint-size onesies to everyday T-shirts to oversized hoodies, banners, blankets, and more. Determining the right size model(s) for your needs primarily comes down to the size of the projects you most often make. The larger you go with EasyPress 2 size, the less likely you will have to press iron-on material multiple times across one project. For some, like yours truly, owning multiple sizes is the best solution. For others, like new moms interested in making onesies primarily, the small EasyPress 2 is a great solution.
Which size are you most interested in using? Comment below!